How to Rent a Dumpster
What You Need to Know to Order the Right Dumpster
Getting a dumpster rental is usually pretty straightforward. You call a dumpster rental company, research their rates and weight limits for various sizes and choose the size you’d like delivered. But as simple as that process seems, there are several underlying factors you should understand before you make your final decision. We'll walk you through the dumpster rental process from start to finish, pointing out all the major decisions along the way.
Step #1: Decide What Kind of Dumpster Service You Need
There are two types of dumpster services to choose from: temporary roll-offs and permanent front-load dumpsters.
Step #2: Research Haulers
The next step to renting a dumpster is to research the waste haulers in your area.
Be sure to look at the kinds of services they offer, especially if you're looking for ongoing trash collection services. Not all haulers offer front load containers for regular trash pickup, so double check that the waste haulers you're considering provide the type of service you need.
After you determine they have what you need, here are some other important considerations when looking for a dumpster rental company.
- Is pricing flat-rate or variable?
- How much weight is included in the price?
- Are the terms and conditions clear?
- How long are their rental periods?
Step #3: Get Quotes
After you've found haulers in your area that fit your needs, call them and ask for a quote. Depending on the service you want, haulers may ask for different pieces of information to generate an accurate quote.
For temporary dumpster rental services, you will need to know:
- Approximately how much debris you are dealing with. Use our weight calculators for an estimate.
- What type of debris you are disposing of.
Accepted Debris Types
- How long you will need the dumpster.
- The address where the container will be delivered.
Or call 844-444-3867
For permanent dumpster services, you will need to know:
- The estimated amount of trash you throw out each week.
- The type of business or organization using the service.
Example Industries Dumpsters.com Serves
- The number of employees in your workplace.
- Approximate square footage of your property.
Or call 844-444-3867
All of these factors help waste hauling companies determine what size dumpster you will need and the total cost of your rental.
Step #4: Ask the Right Questions
Once you have a few quotes in hand, it's time to pick a company and set up your rental. The ordering process is relatively simple, but here are some quick questions to ask your hauler before sealing the deal:
- What is the cost of extending the rental?
- Do I need a permit for a temporary dumpster?
- Are there any materials that I cannot put in the dumpster?
- Can I request additional pickups, and how much do they cost?
- How are pickups scheduled?
- What add-on features are available?
With the answers to these questions, you'll know the cost of additional services ahead of time and can avoid extra fees.
Once you understand the company's terms of service, you can choose a size and let the customer service representative know where you would like the dumpster placed.
Step #5: Take Out the Trash
The last step is to get rid of your garbage! Whether you ordered a temporary roll off dumpster or a permanent waste container, you'll be able to start filling it up as soon as it arrives.
Still need help renting a dumpster? Give Dumpsters.com a call and we'll answer any questions you have about the dumpster rental process.
Talk to a Dumpsters.com Service Specialist.