Guides for Large Waste Removal
Getting rid of junk can be tricky depending on local regulations. Projects often leave you with a pile of bulky items and clutter, whether you’re paring down your belongings before a move or remodeling your kitchen. Large furniture and appliances, like couches and refrigerators, may have restrictions when it comes to curbside pickup, while electronics, like laptops and TVs, may contain metals that are best diverted from the landfill.
Looking to toss a particular item? Choose one of our bulk waste disposal guides below to find the best ways to donate, recycle, sell or toss junk.
Disposal options and regulations vary based on the type of appliance you’re tossing. Find the most cost-effective and environmentally-friendly ways to get rid of your specific item.
How to Throw Away Large Items
If you only have a few items to toss, try one of the options below:
- Haul it to the landfill yourself.
- Hire a junk removal company.
- Set them out for curbside collection.
Some environmentally-friendly ways to get rid of bulk trash include:
- Donating them to a local charity.
- Recycling them at a local facility.
- Taking them to a collection event.
- Selling them online or at a garage sale.