40 Yard Dumpster Rental
Dimensions and Capacity of a 40 Yard Dumpster
Dumpsters.com offers a variety of dumpster sizes, a 40 yard dumpster being the biggest. Use a 40 yard container for large-scale projects of all kinds. Call today to schedule your dumpster rental.
- Dimensions - 22 feet X 8 feet X 8 feet.
40 yard dumpsters are one of the largest sizes available and are ideal for major construction and demolition projects.
- Volume - Holds 40 cubic yards of material.
Dumpster sizes get their name by the cubic yards they can hold.
- Weight Limit - Generally holds between 5-6 tons (10,000-12,000 pounds).
For reference, a box of books weighs about 50 pounds.
Please note weight limits vary by location. Call 844-444-DUMP for details.
- Other Notes - An exceptionally large size that is well suited for long-term projects.
Or call 844-444-3867
Common Projects and Uses for a 40 Yard Dumpster
You can be confident renting a 40 yard dumpster. Its capacity allows you the flexibility to throw in a large amount debris without a worry. Homeowners and business owners rely on the services of Dumpsters.com to provide an efficient 40 yard dumpster rental. Some of their typical projects include:
- Cleaning out a home or business.
- Remodeling a large part of a home.
- Moving homes or estate sales.
- Removing various construction materials.
- General contracting jobs.
Choosing a Dumpster Size
If you’re not sure if your project will require a 40 yard dumpster, Dumpsters.com provides several other dumpster size options. Take a look at our 10 yard, 15 yard, 20 yard and 40 yard dumpster sizes or give us a call today.
Dumpsters.com makes the dumpster rental process simple, yet comprehensive. We’ll talk through your project with you and make sure we deliver a dumpster that works for your project. The right size dumpster maximizes efficiency and allows you to get the most out of your rental.
How to Prepare for a Dumpster Delivery
Keep in mind the following items so your 40 yard dumpster rental can be delivered without any complications:
- Clearing the Area - About 50 feet of space is needed to drop off a roll off dumpster.
- Move all Items - Please remove anything in the way of the delivery area. This includes cars, household items and anything in the nearby area.
- Clearance Space - Approximately 18 feet of clearance space is needed for a dumpster truck to ensure placement.
- Clear the Air - Check to see there aren’t any trees or hanging wires in the way of placement.
- Delivery Area - Determine where you’d like a dumpster to be a placed. This will be discussed when you set up your rental and can be assured by marking the spot with a cone.