Average National Price Range $350 - $783
Call Now for Pricing in Your Area
How Big Is a 40 Yard Dumpster?
- Dimensions - 22 feet X 7.5 feet X 8 feet. Exterior dumpster dimensions may vary by manufacturer, but the total volume is accurate.
- Volume - Holds 40 cubic yards of material. Dumpster sizes get their name by the cubic yards they can hold.
- Covered Weight Limit - Our pricing generally includes disposal costs for 5-6 tons (10,000-12,000 pounds) of material in this size. As a reference point, an average toilet can weigh about 120 pounds and granite countertops average 18 pounds per square foot. Please note weight limits vary by location.
Pro Tip: Before your 40 yard container is delivered, mark the placement area using cones. This is especially important if you'll be placing your dumpster on the street because it will discourage drivers from parking in the area while also making it easy for our delivery truck to find.
Our biggest dumpster size, a 40 yard bin suits a variety of large-scale jobs. Whether you’re planning a building demolition or a major home remodel, a 40 yard roll off dumpster is a simple waste management solution for contractors and property owners alike.
Is a 40 Yard Dumpster Right for Your Project?
|Remodeling & Construction||Cleanouts|
Contractors and DIY-ers use 40 yard dumpsters to remove debris from remodeling projects like:
If you’re tasked with clearing out a foreclosed property or decluttering for an estate sale, a 40 yard bin is perfect for:
|Typical Covered Weight LImit: 5-6 tons*||Typical Covered Weight Limit: 5-6 tons*|
A 40 yard roll off dumpster can haul a range of building materials including:
40 yard containers accept a variety of items from home cleanouts including:
*Please note that covered weight limits and accepted items may vary by location.
Simplify Your Cleanup. 844-444-3867
A 40 yard dumpster is our largest size, designed to handle the biggest jobs. But certain debris types, including yard waste and heavy debris like concrete or shingles cannot be disposed of in a 40 yard container. If you need to get rid of materials like these, give our team a call at 844-444-3867 to ask about special use dumpster options in your area.
If your project requires a smaller dumpster, we also offer these options:
|10 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 14 feet x 7.5 feet x 3.5 feet
Covered Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons
|15 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 16 feet x 7.5 feet x 4.5 feet
Covered Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons
|20 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 4.5 feet
Covered Weight Limit: 3 tons
|30 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 6 feet
Covered Weight Limit: 3.5 - 5 tons
*Please note: weight limits can vary by location.
Find the Right Size for You. Call 844-444-3867
The Dumpsters.com Difference: We make the dumpster rental process simple yet comprehensive. We'll discuss your project with you and make sure we deliver a dumpster that suits the task at hand. Picking the right size dumpster allows you to get the most out of your rental.
How to Prepare for Delivery and Pickup of a 40 Yard Container
Keep the following guidelines in mind so your delivery and pickup go off without a hitch.
- Designate a Delivery Area: Decide where you'd like to place the dumpster. You'll talk this over with a team member when you set up your rental.
- Clear the Area: For a 40 yard dumpster, about 60 feet of space is needed leading up to the drop off area.
- Parked cars
- Locked gates
- Low-hanging tree branches
- Wires and cables
- Garbage cans or recycling bins blocking the driveway apron
After you order your 40 yard dumpster, one of our team members will send you a follow-up email with what to expect, a copy of your invoice and a list of prohibited items to avoid placing in the rental. If you have any questions along the way, just give our team a call.