40 Cubic Yard Dumpster
Average 40 Yard Price Range: $350 - $783
Call Now for Pricing in Your Area
How Big Is a 40 Yard Dumpster?
- Dimensions - 22 feet X 7.5 feet X 8 feet.*
- Volume - Holds 40 cubic yards of material. Dumpster sizes get their name by the cubic yards they can hold.
- Weight Limit - Generally holds between 5-6 tons (10,000-12,000 pounds). For reference, a box of books weighs about 50 pounds.
Please note weight limits vary by location.
- Other Notes - An exceptionally large size that is well suited for long-term projects.
* Exterior dumpster dimensions may vary by manufacturer, but the total volume is accurate.
Dumpsters.com offers a variety of dumpster sizes, a 40 yard dumpster being the biggest. This container size is the perfect disposal solution for large-scale projects that generate several tons of debris, including commercial building cleanouts and major home renovations. Use the information below to see if a 40 yard dumpster is the right size for your project. Call today to rent a dumpster near you.
Popular Projects and Uses for a 40 Yard Dumpster
You can be confident renting a 40 yard dumpster. Its capacity allows you the flexibility to throw out a large amount debris without a worry. Homeowners and business owners alike rely on Dumpsters.com to provide an efficient 40 yard bin rental. Some typical projects include:
- Cleaning out a home or business.
- Major home remodel or renovation.
- Dirt and concrete removal.
- Large roofing projects.
- Removing various construction materials.
- General contracting jobs.
Determining if a 40 Yard Dumpster Is Right for Your Project
If you’re questioning if your project will require a 40 yard box, Dumpsters.com provides several other dumpster size options. Use our weight calculator to estimate the correct size or give us a call today.
Other Available Dumpster Sizes
|10 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 14 feet x 7.5 feet x 3.5 feet
Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons
|15 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 16 feet x 7.5 feet x 4.5 feet
Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons
|20 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 4.5 feet
Weight Limit: 3 tons
|30 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 6 feet
Weight Limit: 3.5 - 5 tons
*Please note: weight limits can vary by location.
**Exterior dumpster dimensions may vary by manufacturer, but the total volume is accurate.
Dumpsters.com makes the dumpster rental process simple and comprehensive. We'll discuss your project with you and make sure we deliver a dumpster that suits the task at hand. The right size dumpster maximizes efficiency and allows you to get the most out of your rental.
Talk to a Dumpsters.com Service Specialist.
How to Prepare for a 40 Yard Dumpster Delivery
Keep the following items in mind so your 40 yard dumpster rental can be delivered without any complications:
- Clear the Area: About 50 feet of space is needed to drop off a roll off dumpster.
- Move Items: Remove anything in the way of the delivery area. This includes cars, household items and anything in the nearby area.
- Ensure Clearance Space: Approximately 18 feet of clearance space is needed for a dumpster truck to ensure placement. Check to make sure there aren't any trees or hanging wires that obstruct the placement area.
- Designate Delivery Area: Determine where you’d like a dumpster to be a placed. This will be discussed when you set up your rental and can be assured by marking the spot with a cone.
- Avoid Hazardous Items: Avoid throwing any prohibited items in your dumpster, which can result in additional fees.