Roll Off Dumpster Rental Pricing
Exact pricing varies by location, but these price ranges will give you an idea of what you can expect to pay for your roll off dumpster rental. Check out the chart below to see average costs for each roll off dumpster size. Need an exact quote? Give us a call at 833-499-7504 to get started.
|Dumpster Size||Average National Range||Average National Cost|
|10 Yard Dumpster||$377.45|
|20 Yard Dumpster||$424.73|
|30 Yard Dumpster||$487.71|
|40 Yard Dumpster||$544.73|
|*Averages based on Dumpsters.com sales data.|
Call Now for an Instant Quote
What Goes Into The Price of a Roll Off Dumpster
When you call to set up your dumpster rental, our customer service team will create a quote for you based on four specific pricing factors. We’ll explain each of these pricing components in the list below so you can familiarize yourself with them ahead of time, but please give us a quick call if you have any additional questions.
Location is the primary factor impacting the cost of a roll off dumpster. The availability of landfills, local disposal fees and even regional regulations about sorting and recycling can all influence the total price of a dumpster rental in a given area. For example, container rentals on the East Coast or West Coast may be more expensive than in the Midwest, and a debris box in a big city may cost more than in a smaller town.
If high demand or inclement weather limits the availability of dumpsters in your area, this can also impact cost. For example, demand for dumpster rentals tends to rise during the warmer summer months and fewer containers may be available. On the other hand, a hurricane or other natural disaster can restrict our delivery area and dumpster inventory.
The Dumpsters.com Difference: We’ll walk you through the dumpster rental process and make you aware of certain local specific regulations including permit requirements.
2. Debris Type
Local disposal costs for specific types of waste, including household debris, construction refuse, yard waste and heavy debris, can vary based on the availability of landfills and other facilities that process these materials. For this reason, we classify dumpster rentals by the type of debris involved and sometimes the price varies based on the processing costs. Here are some examples of common dumpster rental categories and types of materials we generally accept:
- Residential Dumpster: Household Debris, Furniture, General Trash and Junk
- Roofing Dumpster: Asphalt and Slate Shingles
- Yard Waste Dumpster: Shrubs, Bushes Trees, Dirt and Soil
- Heavy Debris or Concrete Dumpster: Concrete, Brick and Asphalt
- Construction Dumpster: Drywall, Plaster, Wood, Flooring and Cabinetry
Depending on your location, other materials may be accepted for an additional fee. These items may include:
- Mattresses and Box Springs
The reason for the extra charge(s) has to do with how these materials are handled. Most cannot be taken to a landfill, so they are sorted out at a separate facility first.
The Dumpsters.com Difference: We’re here to help you determine what type of dumpster you need for your specific project, whether it’s new construction or a home cleanout. If you have any questions about what is allowed in your dumpster or prohibited items, just give our team a call at 844-444-3867 and we’ll help you understand the disposal options in your area.
3. Weight of Materials and Dumpster Size
Landfill disposal fees are primarily based on the total tonnage of your material: the heavier the dumpster, the more it costs to dispose of the debris.
Smaller dumpsters have lower weight limits, meaning it can cost less to dispose of the materials inside. While you may be tempted to pick a smaller, less-expensive option, think through your project before settling on a size. In some cases, it may actually be more cost-effective to order a bigger dumpster if you have bulky items or a large amount of debris because the greater capacity can help you avoid extra charges for overfilling or exceeding the weight limit of your container.
Think about the total weight of your debris when deciding which dumpster size you order. Here are the typical weight limits for each dumpster size, but keep in mind they can vary by location:
- 10 Yard Dumpster (Average Cost: $377.45)
General Weight Limit: 2-3 tons
Typical Dimensions: 14 feet x 7.5 feet x 3.5 feet
The smallest roll off dumpster size we offer still holds a substantial amount of debris. Please keep in mind that if you have bulky items, you may need to rent a larger size to avoid having anything hang out of the dumpster.
- 15 Yard Dumpster (Average Cost: $389.58)
General Weight Limit: 2-3 tons
Typical Dimensions: 16 feet x 7.5 feet x 4.5 feet
While this size's weight limit is similar to the smaller 10 yard dumpster, the 15 yard offers more space to dispose of bulky items that could overload the smaller container.
- 20 Yard Dumpster (Average Cost: $424.73)
General Weight Limit: 3 tons
Typical Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 4.5 feet
A 20 yard is the typical size we recommend for roof tear-offs or bulk home cleanouts. The higher weight limit also makes it a better choice for disposing of heavy debris.
- 30 Yard Dumpster (Average Cost: $487.71)
General Weight Limit: 3.5-5 tons
Typical Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 6 feet
With a higher weight limit, this size is ideal for disposing of large amounts of yard waste, bulky items and roofing shingles.
- 40 Yard Dumpster (Average Cost: $544.73)
General Weight Limit: 5-6 tons
Typical Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 8 feet
The largest dumpster size has the highest covered weight limit. This is great for disposing of remodeling debris from big projects including flooring, drywall and wood.
*Please Note: Exact pricing in your area may be different from the averages displayed above.
**Exact dumpster dimensions may vary by manufacturer, but the total volume is accurate.
For heavy debris, remember that you may reach your weight limit without filling up the entire dumpster and even a partially filled dumpster can be overweight. Our team will help you choose the right size for your heavy debris and let you know approximately how high you can safely fill it.
The Dumpsters.com Difference: We include a standard weight limit for our roll off dumpsters included in your rental price. When comparing dumpster rental prices and sizes, you may find that other providers’ rates cover lower weight limits for the same size containers, so always check what you’re getting for your money. If you have any questions or can’t decide which one you should pick, please don’t hesitate to call us at 844-444-3867.
4. Rental Period
The length of time you keep a temporary dumpster is also factored into the cost. Standard rental periods are generally ten days, but if you need to keep the dumpster longer, that may impact the final price of your container.
If you’re planning for a long-term project, please ask about our ongoing roll off rental services when you call.
The Dumpsters.com Difference: Generous rental periods and ongoing roll off rental services help keep your project on track and your job site clear from debris. When shopping around for other dumpster rental quotes, be sure to ask about standard rental periods and if there is any flexibility to extend the rental.
Is there anything else that can affect the cost of a dumpster rental?
There are a few scenarios that can result in an additional dumpster rental fee. Since no one likes to see an extra charge show up on their bill, our team will fully review the terms and conditions in your rental agreement when you order to help you understand these charges and what you can do to avoid them.
The most common fees include:
- Trip Fee: We charge a trip fee if a driver cannot deliver or pick up the dumpster when they arrive. This usually happens because there isn’t enough room or there is something blocking the location like a parked car or power lines.
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Fee: Since we cannot accept hazardous waste in our dumpsters, we charge an extra fee for any prohibited materials placed in the dumpster. Disposing of any hazardous waste requires handling at a special facility since they cannot be processed at a general landfill.
- Overage Fee: Going over the weight limit included in your dumpster rental may result in an overage fee. This is more common when dealing with bulky items, heavy debris and roofing materials, so try using our weight calculators to estimate how much your debris will weigh.
- Overloading Fee: We charge a fee when any material is sticking over the top or hanging over the edges of the dumpster. Remember that our drivers can’t legally transport overloaded containers on the road.
- Late Fee: We charge a late fee for each day you keep your dumpster beyond your rental period. If you know your project will take a specific amount of time, you can ask for an extension when you call to set up your rental, or set up ongoing roll off rental service.
The Dumpsters.com Difference: We’re committed to making the pricing and billing process as transparent as possible. Read through our resource outlining potential dumpster fees for more information and helpful tips.
Dumpsters.com Makes the Rental Process Easy
When you rent a roll off dumpster with Dumpsters.com, you’ll get the right container as quickly as possible. Our team works directly with you to determine the scope of your project and your waste removal needs. With that information, we’ll recommend a dumpster that fits the job and schedule it for delivery as soon as possible.
Flat rate pricing lets you know the total cost of your rental
A flat-rate pricing model bundles all of the factors that affect the cost of your roll off dumpster into one rate. So the price you are quoted when you order covers your rental period, allotted weight limit, delivery, pickup and disposal costs. This way, you’ll know the total cost upfront so you can budget for it as part of your project.
How Dumpsters.com Saves You More
- We’re transparent with our flat rate pricing model. If there are ever any additional service fees for your rental, we’ll let you know and answer any questions you have.
- We provide a wide range of dumpster sizes to choose from, allowing you to find the right size for your project and potentially save you money by avoiding overage fees.
- Our customer service team facilitates fast delivery and pickup so your project keeps rolling.