Commercial Dumpster Sizes: Front-Load and Continued Service Containers
Find the Right Commercial Dumpster Size for Your Business
Every business has unique requirements for their trash service, but they all need a reliable way to manage their waste stream. That’s why Dumpsters.com provides a wide assortment of commercial dumpsters to better serve various organizations’ requirements with a high-quality dumpster rental experience.
When you call to set up garbage pick-up for your business or storefront, Dumpsters.com will ensure that you receive the right front load dumpster size to accommodate the total volume of waste generated between your scheduled dates. If you are looking for project-based rentals, our team can schedule ongoing service for roll off dumpster rentals to accommodate for construction, demolition and renovation jobs.
Need to rent a temporary roll off dumpster? View our available sizes for one-time rentals.
Commercial Front Load Dumpster Sizes
The dimensions of our commercial dumpsters vary based on the total volume of each unit. Use the sizing information below to determine which trash dumpster size is the best fit for your business.
- Dimensions: 6 feet long x 3 feet wide x 3 feet tall.
- Capacity: 2 cubic yards, or roughly 24 kitchen-sized trash bags.
A commercial dumpster with these dimensions is generally suited for small volume businesses, such as offices with less than 20 employees and restaurants serving roughly 100 customers a day. Front load dumpsters in this size are easily placed on properties of any size.
- Dimensions: 6 feet long x 3 feet wide x 4 feet tall.
- Capacity: Holds 4 cubic yards, or roughly 48 kitchen-sized trash bags.
These dumpsters are designed for medium-sized businesses, including companies with up to 100 employees. Retailers, entertainment venues and government offices occupying less than 5,000 square feet are well served with this trash dumpster size.
- Dimensions: 6 feet long x 5 feet wide x 6 feet tall.
- Capacity: 6 cubic yards, or roughly 72 kitchen-sized trash bags.
This is a larger commercial dumpster with dimensions that equal six feet in length and height. The larger volume can accommodate schools, retail spaces of up to 10,000 square feet in size, as well as office spaces occupying up to 15,000 square feet. Most customers choose to keep these larger trash dumpster sizes in an enclosed area separated from their parking lot and service entrances.
- Dimensions: 6 feet long x 6 feet wide x 7 feet tall.
- Capacity: 8 cubic yards, or roughly 96 kitchen-sized trash bags.
This is the largest commercial dumpster size available for universities, apartment complexes, hotels and other businesses. These units are typically used by large wholesalers and retailers occupying up to 25,000 square feet. Offices with up to 500 employees can also be accommodated with a single dumpster in this size.
Continued Service Container Sizes
If your organization operates on a project-based system, our continued service containers are built to handle debris from building, remodeling and demolition. The larger sizes accommodate higher volumes of debris, while our scheduled empty-and-return service ensures that your jobsite is clear of trash and running smoothly.
- 10 Yard Container: 14 feet long x 7.5 feet wide x 3.5 feet tall - holds approximately 2-3 tons (4,000-6,000 pounds) of material.
- 15 Yard Container: 16 feet long x 7.5 feet wide and 4.5 feet tall - holds about 2-3 tons (4,000-6,000 pounds) of debris.
- 20 Yard Container: 22 feet long x 7.5 feet wide x 4.5 feet tall - holds approximately 3 tons (6,000 pounds) of trash.
- 30 Yard Container: 22 feet long x 7.5 feet wide x 6 feet tall - holds about 3.5-5 tons (7,000-10,000 pounds) of material.
- 40 Yard Container: 22 feet long x 7.5 feet wide x 8 feet tall - holds approximately 5-6 tons (10,000-12,000 pounds) of debris.
*Exterior dumpster dimensions may vary by manufacturer, but the total volume is accurate. Availability depends on location and demand.
Unsure Which Commercial Dumpster Size is Right for You? Give Us a Call.
Determining exactly what your job site or business needs can be hard. If you’re not sure which type or size dumpster would best fit your organization’s requirements, please contact us and speak with one of our trained Customer Service Specialists.