Average National Price Range $281 - $699
Call Now for Pricing in Your Area
How Big Is a 20 Yard Dumpster?
- Dimensions - 22 feet X 7.5 feet X 4.5 feet. Exterior dumpster dimensions may vary by manufacturer, but the total volume is accurate.
- Volume - 20 cubic yards of material. Dumpster sizes are named based on how many cubic yards of debris they can hold.
- Covered Weight Limit - Our pricing for this size generally covers disposal of about 3 tons (6,000 pounds) of material. A microwave can weigh up to 50 pounds, so keep in mind that the weight of your debris can add up fast. Please note weight limits vary by location.
Pro Tip: When placing an order for a 20 yard dumpster, protect your driveway by placing plywood over the delivery area. With larger dimensions and a higher covered weight limit, the container can get pretty heavy.
A 20 yard dumpster is the most popular roll off dumpster size as it suits a variety of projects including room remodels, floor removals and large landscaping jobs. Call us today to speak with a dumpster expert and order your 20 yard roll off container.
Is a 20 Yard Dumpster the Right Fit for Your Project?
|Remodeling & Construction||Cleanouts||Heavy Debris Jobs|
DIY experts, homeowners and contractors use 20 yard roll off dumpsters for jobs such as:
Cleaning out a home often requires a 20 yard dumpster to manage the debris from projects like:
Landscaping companies and homeowners rent 20 yard containers for a variety of outdoor projects including:
|Typical Covered Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons||Typical Covered Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons||Typical Covered Weight Limit: 10 tons|
We take a range of construction and demolition debris including:
A 20 yard dumpster can take a variety of home cleanout items including:
Many types of heavy debris can be thrown into a roll off dumpster including:
*Please note that covered weight limits and accepted items may vary by location.
Call to Order Your 20 Yard Bin Today. 844-444-3867
Not sure if a 20 yard bin is what you need? Use our dumpster weight calculator to estimate the weight of your debris and determine the correct size container for your project.
If a 20 Yard Dumpster Isn't Right for You, We Have Other Size Options
|10 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 14 feet x 7.5 feet x 3.5 feet
Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons
|15 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 16 feet x 7.5 feet x 4.5 feet
Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons
|30 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 6 feet
Weight Limit: 3.5 - 5 tons
|40 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 8 feet
Weight Limit: 5 - 6 tons
The Dumpsters.com Difference: We offer a variety of dumpster sizes to handle your waste removal needs both large and small. Whether your project calls for a 20 yard dumpster or something else, we'll help you choose the right container for the job.
Ask Our Team About the Right Size for You. Call 844-444-3867
How to Prepare for Delivery and Pickup for a 20 Cubic Yard Dumpster
When you order a 20 yard dumpster, keep in mind that you'll need to provide placement instructions for our team. You won't need to be onsite during delivery or pickup, but keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Clear a Space: Select a location for your dumpster. Remember that you'll need a permit from the city to have the dumpster placed on the street.
- Remove Obstacles: Prep the area where you want the dumpster to be placed. The truck will require about 60 feet of space to approach and about 23 feet of vertical clearance to raise and place the dumpster.
- Call for Removal: Don't forget to call to schedule pickup for your dumpster on or before the last day of your rental period.
During drop off and pickup of the dumpster, double check nothing is blocking the truck's access to that location. Common obstacles include:
- Parked cars
- Locked gates
- Low-hanging tree branches
- Wires and cables
- Garbage cans blocking the driveway apron
Once your order is completed over the phone, our team will send you an email with additional details, including a list of prohibited items and a copy of your invoice.