20 Cubic Yard Dumpsters
Average 20 Yard Price Range: $281 - $699
Call Now for Pricing in Your Area
How Big Is a 20 Yard Dumpster?
- Dimensions - 22 feet X 7.5 feet X 4.5 feet.*
- Volume - 20 cubic yards of material. Dumpster sizes are named based on how many cubic yards of debris they can hold.
- Weight Limit - Generally holds 3 tons (6,000 pounds).A microwave can weigh up to 50 pounds, so keep in mind that the weight of your debris can add up fast.
Please note weight limits vary by location.
- Other Notes - The most commonly-rented dumpster given its versatility, a 20 yard dumpster is suitable for a variety of projects.
*Exterior dumpster dimensions may vary by manufacturer, but the total volume is accurate.
From its dimensions to its weight limit, a 20 yard dumpster is the most commonly rented size as it accommodates a variety of projects, including bedroom remodels, floor removals and big landscaping jobs. If you’re considering one of these activities or want to see if we offer dumpster rentals near you, call us today to chat with a dumpster expert and set up your order.
Common Projects for a 20 Yard Dumpster
If you have a junk removal project that’s not too big and not too small, a 20 yard container is a good middle ground. This size dumpster is suitable for numerous waste removal jobs, including:
- Home improvement projects.
- Attic, basement and garage cleanouts.
- Dirt/concrete removals.
- Floor removals.
- Roofing jobs.
- Yard waste disposal from landscaping projects.
Unsure if a 20 yard bin is what you need? Use our dumpster weight calculator to estimate the weight of your debris and determine the correct size bin for your project.
Other Available Dumpster Sizes
|10 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 14 feet x 7.5 feet x 3.5 feet
Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons
|15 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 16 feet x 7.5 feet x 4.5 feet
Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons
|30 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 6 feet
Weight Limit: 3.5 - 5 tons
|40 Cubic Yards||Dimensions: 22 feet x 7.5 feet x 8 feet
Weight Limit: 5 - 6 tons
*Please note: weight limits can vary by location.
**Exterior dumpster dimensions may vary by manufacturer, but the total volume is accurate.
At Dumpsters.com, we offer plenty of dumpster sizes to fulfill your junk removal needs – big and small. Whether your waste removal project calls for a 20 yard box rental or something else, we will help you choose the right dumpster for the job based on the type of debris and amount of debris your project contains.
Is your business or organization looking for regular trash pickups? Check out our front load dumpster services.
Rent a 20 Yard Dumpster for Any Project
Call us today to order a 20 yard container. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff of customer service representatives are here to help.
Talk to a Dumpsters.com Service Specialist.
Delivery Guidelines to Follow for a 20 Cubic Yard Dumpster
Follow these general guidelines when preparing for a dumpster rental delivery:
- Clear the Area: Approximately 50 feet of driveway space is needed to drop off a 20 yard roll off dumpster.
- Remove Obstacles: Prep the area where you want the dumpster to be placed. This includes removing cars, cutting down tree branches, or any other forms of obstruction.
- Reach Out With Questions: If you have any questions or concerns about your designated placement location, please speak with one of our team members.
- Factor in Weight: The weight limit of a 20 yard dumpster varies by location. Call us for more details.
- Avoid Hazardous Items: Don't throw any prohibited materials in your dumpster that can result in extra fees.